Easy “Green” Organizing
Are you ready to move from eco-curious (just thinking about green options) to eco-conscious (practicing green habits) in the way you go about your routine and organize your office, home, and life?
Concern about the environment is intensifying and the problem is not going to go away any time soon. As a nation, we have a lot of work to do. That said, you can change your habits to directly impact the environment while organizing your space and life in an eco-friendly fashion. And, it can be easier than you think.
Here Are The Key Elements Of What It Means To Be Green
- Reduce your consumption of natural resources (e.g. water and energy) and lower carbon emissions.
- Reuse materials (e.g. repurpose possessions, turn old furniture into cash, purchase post-consumer and recycled materials) and B.Y.O. thermos, mug, silverware, and shopping bag).
- Recycle resources, equipment, and supplies (e.g. glass, plastic, metal, paper, e-waste, and more).
Are you doing all these things? If so, you’re already practicing green habits. However, if you have room for improvement and want to do more, perhaps what you need is a little help and guidance. Lots of people know they could adopt new habits to protect the planet. Yet, they’re not sure where to start, what to do, or how to take their efforts to the next level.
Maybe you’ve tried to go green and organize with mixed results. Or maybe your green organizing solutions lack functionality and flair. It could be, you know what to do but you have simply run-out-of-steam and haven’t gotten around to making it happen. You need some inspiration and support to move forward.If any of the foregoing is true for you, you’ve come to the right place. I work with busy people who are already doing things quite well yet, they are motivated to do things better. And, because they’re people who thrive on continued growth and achievement they selectively seek support from experts who can help them achieve their desired results faster. So you’re thinking—what’s the real value of green organizing? Read on…
Benefits Of A Green And Organized Office, Home, And Life
- Adopting eco-friendly habits will directly impact the environment and support you in staying organized. Reusing and recycling materials on a regular basis is good for the planet and helps keep clutter at bay.
- You will have a healthy space in which to work or play. An organized space is a healthier space—it’s easier to clean, the air quality is better, and you won’t have junk or clutter sitting around to distract or stress you.
- You will save time. The average person wastes approximately 35 minutes per day looking for stuff they know they’ve got but just can’t put their fingers on. You can completely eliminate this hassle and find what you want within seconds by getting and staying organized. In addition, simplifying will give you more time to enjoy the things that matter most to you.
- You will save money. Being green will reduce your energy and water bills while organizing will eliminate late fees and buying all kinds of duplicates you don’t need. Thus, you’ll have more cash for vacations, equipment upgrades, or whatever your heart desires.
- You will increase the functional living/working space of your property. Many people have a room or space they close off and don’t use because it doesn’t function well. And more, they’re paying a mortgage, taxes and insurance for it. Thus, transforming this area from a dumping ground to a stylish, functional room expands your living/working area plus, its better use of your real estate.
- You can be eco-friendly without sacrificing your taste or style. Going green is now mainstream enough that you can find a plethora of tasteful food, clothing and décor for every room of your home or business.
- In practicing green habits, you’ll be providing your children with a positive model to become good citizens of the earth. And kids do imitate their parents.
- It’s easier being organized. Contrary to thought, it takes less time and effort to be organized than it does to be disorganized. Disorganization wastes time and ensures that problems will get in the way of getting things done. The organizational systems and skills once learned, applied and practiced, will become routine in a short period of time.
What It Takes To Successfully Organize
Are you ready to take on a green organizing project? Whether you want to start small or go for a big goal, there are three qualities that predict your likelihood of success. They are:
- A commitment to make your project a top priority. Yes, there are lots of things competing for your interest and everybody wants something from you. However, you can’t do everything all at once and do it well. Thus, a willingness to say “No” short term or deferring other requests to a later date will allow you the appropriate time to accomplish your goal.
- Motivation to see your project through. Before embarking on any challenge it’s important to get clear about what you want and how you envision your life being different once the work is done. This clarity of purpose will help propel you forward when the going gets tough.
- Knowledge so you know what to do. Many people like to figure things out for themselves and that’s a great way to learn and get things done if you have the time. However, if you want to fast-forward your project and eliminate all the trial and error, nothing beats working with someone who has already accomplished what you want for yourself.
If direction and know-how are what you want and need, the green organizing services of Smart WorkLife Solutions are a fast track to move you from discovery and learning to implementation.
If you are outside my geographical reach you may snail mail or e-mail photos of your space. There are two ways to tackle your organizing project.
I will work directly with you on your green organizing project. I’ll assess your space, see what you’ve got and try to use what you already own. Together, we’ll determine the purpose(s) of your room, sort belongings, and pare down clutter in an eco-friendly way. I’ll share guidelines and ideas to help you decide what to keep and for how long—whether it’s an object, piece of clothing or piles of paper. Finally, we’ll put your space together with function and flair and I’ll give you strategies for long term maintenance.
This arrangement is designed to keep you on track—while you work on organizing your space step by step. During the course of this program, I’ll guide and support you by suggesting where and how to get started, what to do, answering your questions and helping you surpass roadblocks that may show up from time to time. This program begins with an initial two hour conference, followed by one-hour weekly sessions.
I recommend you practice the maintenance strategies that I share with you for 21 consecutive days. Thereafter, I invite you to evaluate the effectiveness of your newly organized space by ANY criteria you choose. If you find that any part of the organizing solution isn’t working or meeting your needs, let me know and I will come back, at no additional cost, and help you set up a different system until your needs have been met.
Complimentary Green Organizing Session
One of the great things about my job is helping people simply their life so they have more time to enjoy the things that are most important to them. You can be assured I won’t judge you by your clutter—I will however be passionate about organizing!
If you would like to explore working with me, please call 515.225.2479 or e-mail me at email@example.com with a time to get acquainted. We’ll discuss your green organizing goals, the challenges you’re facing, how we can best work together—as summarized above, and if my approach is the right one for you. If so, we’ll outline a plan to move forward immediately.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Eco-friendly terms and labeling
- Environmental news and humor
- 7 Steps in the lifecycle of a green product
- Calculate your carbon footprint
- Plastic bags consumed this year: